On Monday, March 23rd, we didn’t get out of the house until around 10 AM. We were at Disneyland/California Adventure by 11 AM. We stayed through the fireworks show leaving the park around 10 PM. So by the time we made it home, we had been gone almost 13 hours! Here’s a synopsis of what we did:
- Did the Boudin Bakery Tour.
- Picked up Fast Passes for California Screamin’ (roller coaster ride).
- Waited in line at Goofy’s Sky School until they shut the ride down due to a malfunction.
- Did Arial’s Underwater Adventure.
- Rode Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree.
- Tried the Hollywood Tower Hotel but it was closed.
- Lunch at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. Jessica got Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bowl; Sebastian got a Loaded Potato in a Sourdough Bowl. The rest of us shared a loaf of sourdough bread (with butter) and an Asian Tofu and Vegetables dish with Mandarin Orange sauce.
- Got Fast Passes for Grizzly River Run.
- Went to Disneyland and got Fast Passes for Star Tours.
- Went back to California Adventure for Grizzly River Run. We all got wet; some got soaked!
- Waited in line for about an hour to do, Toy Story Midway Mania.
- Left the park and went to a small vegan restaurant called “Vegan Pizza.” Guess what they serve. We had a great feast: two calzones, hot wings, breadsticks, corn dogs, and a pizza!
- Returned to Disneyland and did Star Tours.
- Got ice cream and hot chocolate.
- Watched the fireworks show.
- Finally we head home!
For those who might be interested. Tim wore his pedometer all day and logged over 20,000 steps! That was a new daily record for him and represents probably six to eight miles of walking.
Here are some photos: